Archive for the ‘Hardwood floors’ Category
To enhance your home, it will be better if you do home improvement. For home improvement, you can do some projects such as remodeling and renovation. Basement can be a basic in doing home improvement. It is about one or more floors of the home part that placed below of the ground floor. Generally, basement is used for a home as a utility space. It uses usually for essential areas such as breaker panel, water heater, furnace, car park, and much more. That is why; it is very important to prepare basement flooring as maximum as possible.
To doing home improvement, you have to get the best basement flooring options. Actually, there are some options for basement. If you need information for the flooring options of basement, I have top three basement flooring options for you.
It is one of the most popular flooring options for your basement. Generally, this flooring option can be used in usage and functions. Tiles are available such as porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles, wood tiles, natural stone and concrete.
Besides tiles, carpet is also popular flooring option. It can be newly finished basement. Carpet can be the best solution for moisture prevent. It also offers warmth and comfortable to your home. Carpet gives the value aesthetics to your home.
It is flooring option that comes with soft and breathes. Cork is comfortable than concrete floor. And also it is very durable. Cork is warm and comfort for your basement.
As opposed to carpet, wood floors are easy to clean. You can use household products in less time than is usually required to treat the carpet. Once you know how to care for your wood flooring, you should be able to keep them sparkling clean for years. So, how to clean hardwood floors?. Here are the steps you have to do how to clean hardwood floors.
- Dust from wood floors. You can use a broom every day to get the job done. Ensure that all dust and other impurities removed before you proceed. If you feel the broom did not do the job, you can even use your vacuum cleaner.
- Combine a half cup of white vinegar with one gallon warm water. White vinegar will help make your wood floors even cleaner than using just water alone. Make sure the water is not too hot, as it can damage your floor.
- Continue to mop the floor using a mop and a mixture of household vinegar and water. Mop the floor area around the timber, while paying special attention to any area that appears dirty. Do not soak the floor with water because water vapor can be harmful to hardwood flooring. Use only enough water is needed to mop.
- Dry wood floors. You can use a towel or dry mop. On some surfaces, may not be necessary to dry after washing. See if you seem to be drying wood floors on their own or if you have to drain their own.
- Repeat weekly to keep your wood floor looking its best. Do not mop daily, as it can damage your floor.
It was easy and simple how to clean hardwood floors, your house will be clean forever by following the steps above.